Re: sagging spit

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>,
Subject: Re: sagging spit
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:08:56 -0400
At 09:41 AM 6/19/98 +0000, James wrote:
>To add to this argument my RHD car also leans to the right.  This
>apperes even with the front suspension take off the car, and the front
>placed on axle stands under the chassis.
>I was wondering if undoing the bolts on the spring diff mount, putting
>the wheels on the ground, and leveling the car then doing the blots
>backup would help?  Does re-bushing help as well?

Well I don't know what "the blots backup" is.... but bushes won't give the
results you need.

Just wondering...has anyone ever tried adding a "helper spring" to the
sagging side?

Or better yet, has anyone ever inquired to the companies that make
fiberglass swing springs for Corvettes, to see if they could make one for
our Spits?

Atwell Haines (didn't know what "swarf" was till this week)
'79 Spitfire (with a new spring swing and regular shocks...on the level for
now)