Re: Spitfire Oil "Drain-Down"

To: Pat B <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Oil "Drain-Down"
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:16:48 -0400
At 10:08 PM 6/16/98 -0400, Pat B wrote:

>Second Question:  What is the best sealing method for the oil pan?  I
>have used Permatex Red, but have found that it sets prior to getting all
>16 oil pan bolts secrued.

Haven't replaced the oil pan gasket on my Spit yet...but I have found that
a product called "The Right Stuff" gasket maker, made by Locktite
/Permatex, worked wonders on my valve cover gasket.   The cork ones just
don't seal well.

Right Stuff is easy to apply.   It stays soft for 5 minutes, dries to a
rubbery, stretchy texture, and the car can be used immediatly (no waiting
for the stuff to dry!).

Speaking of valve cover gaskets, does anyone know if Justin Wagner made the
ones for our Spitfires yet?