Re: brake adjustment update

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: brake adjustment update
From: Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:02:42 -0400
I'll have to echo Andy's statement on the dubious benefits of self-adjusting
brakes.  On my GT6 one of the self-adjusting arms is snapped off, which I'm
told is a fairly common malady.  When that happens you must pull the drum to
do any adjustment.   At least with the Spit all you have to do is jack up the
wheel!

On my Spit I sacrificed a 6 in., 1/4 drive extension to make a dedicated brake
adjuster.  I clamp a pair of vice grips around it and adjust away.  Not
pretty, but it works.

D.

--
Dee Jackson              Ph. 336-547-5007
Gilbarco Inc.             Fax 336-547-5234