brake adjustment update

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: brake adjustment update
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 05:57:57
Greetings,

Just to let everyone know how the brake adjustment went.  I tightened them
down till I could just start to feel them drag and backed off just a
little.  (Some of you had much better techniques for this, but I did it
before I got to read my e-mail)  Well all done and said, it is a great
improvement!  I do have a few questions,  Is it possible to adjust these
with the tires on (I couldn't seem to get to the screws)?  How often should
I have to adjust them? And is there an automatic adjustment available on
any of these cars?  Appreciate any responses?

Patrick
'79 Spitfire