Re: [Shop-talk] flood light extension

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] flood light extension
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2024 17:01:23 +0000
The easiest solution might be to just remove the one light that is in the way
and plug the opening with a closure plug.  You would then just have a single
light, but maybe that is ok.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=closure+plugs

If you just need a short extension, you could use a conduit coupling and
nipple.  My concern would be the length of the wire.  Any wire connections
should be in the electrical box and not in conduit.  I would probably use some
plumbers tape to make sure the threaded connections are watertight to keep the
rain out.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-ProConnex-1-2-in-Zinc-plated-Steel-Threaded-Coupling-Conduit-Fittings/1100421

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sigma-Electric-ProConnex-1-2-in-Threaded-Nipple-Intermediate-Metal-Conduit-Compatible-Galvanized-Rigid-Conduit-Compatible-Rigid-Metal-Conduit-Compatible-Conduit-Fitting/3389352

Brian