[Shop-talk] gear vs bar oil

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] gear vs bar oil
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 16:23:52 -0400 05/28/2023 04:24:00 PM, Serialize complete at 05/28/2023 04:24:00 PM

--===============5384921777160094981==

--=_alternative 00700D41852589BD_=

OK great minds of the internets, quick question...

I use a lot of bar oil since I cut trees.

I have lots of different gear oils that I will most likely not need.  In
many cases, I needed a few ounces and had to buy a gallon of it.

My question is, can I 'mix' some of the gear oil in with the bar oil?  If
so, what would be a max ratio?  I want to use up the gear oil and get rid
of these huge containers, but I figure this would be a good way.

Any other places I can mix it?  I don't think I would try it in hydraulic
fluid.

So, what's the collective wisdom say here?

Thanks.

Moose

--=_alternative 00700D41852589BD_=

the internets, quick question...</span>
bar oil since I cut trees.</span>
different gear oils that I will most likely not need. &nbsp;In many cases,
I needed a few ounces and had to buy a gallon of it.</span>
can I 'mix' some of the gear oil in with the bar oil? &nbsp;If so, what
would be a max ratio? &nbsp;I want to use up the gear oil and get rid of
these huge containers, but I figure this would be a good way.</span>
I can mix it? &nbsp;I don't think I would try it in hydraulic fluid.</span>
collective wisdom say here?</span>

--===============5384921777160094981==--