[Shop-talk] Router question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Router question
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 19:00:32 -0400
This is shop related because I'm looking to provide connectivity to my new
barn.  Presently I have a DSL modem supplied by a slow DSL line, but the modem
includes WiFi.  The location is relatively remote but better speeds are
available from the local cable provider (Charter/Spectrum).  The cable provider
indicates WiFi capability is available for an additional $5/month, which seems
high to me.  What issues do I have by simply adding (or substituting?) my own
WiFi-capable modem?
Sent from my iPhone