Re: [Shop-talk] Need a new multimeter

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need a new multimeter
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:23:15 -0400
Real cheap (HF-class) meters of today have one big advantage of ones form a
few years ago:  The test leads are much better made and more secure.
A lot of old meters had pin-style plugs that were soldered to cheap thin
wire, and either the wire would break off in the plug base, or the plug
would fall out of the socket in the meter.  Today the leads all seem to
have molded-on banana-style plugs with an additional insulating sleeve.

This is a good thing.  I suspect this is due to consumer safety regulations.

Also, having filled my generator several times over the last three days, I
am starting to really appreciate the new-style gas cans, with the no-spew
spout.  I have an old one and a new one, and the old one tends to spew gas
all over the generator unless I am very careful.

Doug