Re: [Shop-talk] Sleeving a hydraulic clutch cylinder

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sleeving a hydraulic clutch cylinder
From: Neil Sherry <neiljsherry@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:22:34 +0100
Not that difficult - I sleeved the main cylinder bore of a brake servo -
steel sleeve into an ally alloy casting. Made the sleeve a close slide
fit, held with Loctite, but it couldn't go anywhere as it was trapped in
place once the servo was assembled. The one thing I did do was to get it
honed before sliding it in - so that it was easy to hone all the way to
the end.

Making a new oversized piston is probably not a good idea - the larger
bore would mess up the throw of the slave cylinder. Certainly could be
overcome, but I think it would be easy to make a straight sleeve anyway.

Neil