Re: [Shop-talk] Sleeving a hydraulic clutch cylinder

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sleeving a hydraulic clutch cylinder
From: Dave Caroline <dave.thearchivist@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:19:37 +0100
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com> wrote:
> Randall, et al:
> How do you keep an old car like that going? Some stuff you're obviously
> gonna have to fab' or improvise. I guess it depends on how determined you
> are to keep it original. It seems like other enthusiasts would have figured
> something like "oh! just go to AutoZone and score the M.C. for a {insert
> modern car here}; it's practically a drop-in with just a little line
> bending."
>
> Would it possibly be easier to over-bore the cylinder, and fabricate a
> matching piston & rod assy?
>
> -Wayne

or some remanufacturing guy makes something special for you so you can
keep the original as a spare or part of the items history and use a
pattern part which takes the everyday wear.
people like me take drawings or better still the original parts and
what they mount on and remake a pattern part.

I make little gears and similar for people
http://gears.archivist.info/

Dave Caroline