[Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters

Subject: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:24:09 -0500
I watched that video and that isn't our definition of rain.  When we have rain,
it's more like a tidal wave.  It comes off of our roof in a 2" thick layer and
shoots out several feet.  It would miss those little louvers entirely.

The reason we would want gutters at our house is to take the water completely
away from the edge of the house.  Without louvers it builds up a 6" deep puddle
right at the edge of the house, with gutters and downspouts you can direct that
water away from the house.

My house originally had gutters all around it.  The edge of the roof is very
complicated with lots of corners and steps in and out.  The gutters that we had
only served to trap water and rot the fascia so I took them all off.  At one
location the gutters had rotted the edge of the wall and allowed water to shoot
into the house and flood our kitchen and dining room.  I rebuilt the wall and
left the gutters off.  There are a couple of areas that we need to have gutters
in order to take the water away from the house, but I can't afford to put them
back on right now.  As soon as I can afford it that is one of the things on my
list of home improvements.