Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters

To: Jack Brooks <jibjib@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:25:04 -0800
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 04:10:58PM -0800, Jack Brooks wrote:
> Neither solution will work for wet needles; the mass of needles is just too
> dense.  A nozzle will move them around, but not blast them clear of the
> gutter.  Unfortunately, in the PNW, the needles in our gutters are wet eight
> months of the year.

We have needles too (fir and redwood) in the Santa Cruz mountains.

I go out on the 1st floor roof and scoop the needles out.  I try not to
fall off the roof, and won't go out when its wet.  I'm fortunate that
the roof pitch isn't too steep and the roofing material can be
walked on.

If I had to use a ladder to do it it'd take all day instead of an hour
or two and I'd probably have fallen off it by now.

Eric

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums