Re: [Shop-talk] 35mm slide scanner?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, mark@bradakis.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 35mm slide scanner?
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 00:15:16 -0500
On 11/27/2010 7:56 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> Interesting. One of my projects in the years I worked at the U of U
> slides from my previous life as a an avid skier, climber and
> general man about the mountains. I'm planning to write up
> some of my adventures and would like pictures to go along with
> them, taken from the collection of old slides.

A good friend of mine has gone whole hog on that stuff.  Spent BIG bucks
researching and buying scanners.  Most the stuff you can score through
retail outlets does not come close to the resolution required to really
capture the detail in old film.  I will ask him what he has and has
used.  You're best bet is probably to send it to a professional transfer
service.

-Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums