Re: [Shop-talk] 35mm slide scanner?

To: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 35mm slide scanner?
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:55:07 -0500
I have a Dimage, which I last used about 5 years ago.  I managed to
get through about 2/3 of my piles of old color negatives.  I recently
was thinking of doing some more, but it turned out that Minolta is no
more, and they never released drivers for Vista or Win7...

For reference, where is a scan of a 35mm slide (Velvia?) from my scanner:

  http://www.dougbraun.com/pix/img0006.tif

(Warning: it is a huge 14 MB TIFF.)

I agree, it is tedious, and it may be worth paying somebody to do it.

BTW, I bet that any accessory that allows a regular flatbed scanner to
scan 35mm will do a terrible job.

Doug

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums