Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw or compound miter saw

To: <Paul.Tonizzo@sybase.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw or compound miter saw
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:33:33 -0500
I occasionally buy stuff from HF if it looks good in the store.  Some of
their products look good, some don't.  I mostly buy little stuff from
them but I have a drill press that is working OK for my light duty stuff.

I would really like to have a good sliding compount miter saw, although
I have completed most of my home improvement tasks now.  The DeWalt
sliding compound miter saw that I want is over $600, which is why I
haven't bought one already.  Non-sliding saws can be found on sale for a
whole lot less, they just won't cut as much wood.  Similarly a 12" will
cut a bigger piece of wood than a 10".  OTOH the bigger saws get heavy
in a hurry so they are hard to move around and hard to store in your
shop if you don't leave them set up permanently.  There are always lots
of these available on ebay, and it depends on the brand (and demand for
that brand) as to how good of a deal you can get.  You can also find
them used on craigslist if you are in a big city area, or even at some
pawn shops.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums