Re: [Shop-talk] Lawn mower engine & blade question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Lawn mower engine & blade question
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:49:35 -0500
Many years ago I had an old basic mower.  My neighbors moved out so I
decided to mow their tall grass one day.  Not being familiar with their
yard, and the grass being pretty tall, I hit a stump.  I cranked the
mower back up and it ran, but vibrated a lot.  The blade seemed
straight, so I assumed that the end of the crankshaft was bent.  I put
the mower up on a couple of workbenches and got under it.  I rotated the
crank until I figured out which way it bent, and hit it pretty hard with
a big hammer.  I managed to straighten it enough that it was usable again.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums