Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen heat

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen heat
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:15:22 -0700
> [*] TED=The Energy Detective - http://www.theenergydetective.com

I dunno.  Do you really think it's wise to buy from a company that makes
statements like:
"3. No Batteries - Unlike other home electricity monitors, TED's optional
wireless display comes with a recharging stand."

What exactly are they recharging, if not batteries?  And how many other
claims are "marketing speak"?  (In the FAQ they admit there is a lithium
battery, but don't mention if it is replaceable or not.)

Why is it "sensitive" to 1 watt, not "accurate" to 1 watt?  I couldn't find
any mention of what it does about power factor, for example, nor any
accuracy specification.

I wonder too, how does it sort out energy usage by my washing machine for
example (which draws different levels of power from minute to minute over
the space of an hour or more, depending on what it is doing at the moment);
from the powered ventilators in the attic (which switch on and off
automatically).

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums