[Shop-talk] flat screen heat

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] flat screen heat
From: "John Niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:04:32 -0500
I walked up close to my 54" flat screen last night and could feel the heat
coming from the screen...  was suprised at how warm the screen was when I
touched it...  now that I realize what a little oven I've got there I'm
wondering if adding a couple of whisper quiet muffin fans to the lower vents
on the back might accomplish.. it would at least move a little air through the
case...

anyone with any knowledge on flat screen lcds care to venture an hypothesis

thanks
John

I've learned in life that my primary goal
 is to serve as a bad example

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums