Re: [Shop-talk] Shop heating options

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop heating options
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:07:43 -0400
I have two Empire direct vent propane heaters.  I only use them when
I am actually in the garage, and they are able to heat up fast.  This
is also a plus if you have to open the door to move a car in or
out.  Intake air and exhaust both go through the wall behind the
unit.  The flame is in a closed combustion chamber isolated from the
room air.  There isn't really an open flame in the garage.  Propane
is expensive in my area, especially for low usage customers.  The
propane companies are pretty sleazy and pricing can be
volatile.  Other than that, I have been very happy with these units.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net
Putnam Valley, NY

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums