Re: [Shop-talk] auxillary power jack

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] auxillary power jack
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 08:46:12 -0500
I've mounted several in vehicles over the years that came without them...
Volkswagens and old fords... I always used the lighted ones...easier at
night and wired them to the battery directly with #10 wire and a 30 or so
amp fuse inline.....DON'T DO IT WITHOUT THE FUSE !!

 Once had an inline amp gauge line short out and it filled up the cab with
smoke in about 5.3 seconds.  Melted #10 wire and the amp gauge into a nice
plastic/copper mess.  Lucky it happened when I was in the truck... had I not
been there it might have burned the truck to the ground...  another note...
rubber grommets do NOT last forever.... but that's another story..

later
John

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums