Re: [Shop-talk] auxillary power jack

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] auxillary power jack
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 14:39:19 -0400
Do you mean a 12V outlet?

I put one in my MGA by mounting it up behind the dash (plenty of room in an
MGA). Easy to reach up under the dash but otherwise hidden from view.

I put one in our MGB & Alfa Romeo (even though they already have cigarette
lighter sockets) by using a length of wire to attach a 12V outlet to the
battery (with an in-line fuse on 12V+). Easy to tuck the outlet out of sight
if so desired.

This is sort of what I used - the ones I bought have a cover over the outlet
& didn't have the alligator clips. Hooking it direct to battery makes it
easy to check battery voltage, connect a trickle charger, etc.
http://www.12voltaccessoryoutlet.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=874&idcategory=55

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell