Re: [Shop-talk] auxillary power jack

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] auxillary power jack
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 21:47:19 -0700
Tim,

Two easy options:

http://www.amazon.com/DASH-MOUNT-VOLT-POWER-SOCKET/dp/B000IG205Y/
or
http://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-RPPS-16ES-Extension-Cigarette-Lighter/dp/B001JT7B3A/
Comes with bracket that can be attached up under dash.

or something like
http://www.amazon.com/Pico-0921PT-Volt-Power-Socket/dp/B001QRW5SG/
that you just let hang from under the dash area.  This one has an inline
fuse.

I don't have any experience with the above sockets.  They are just
representative samples.  I recommend you have the power fused at some point.

If you have bullet connectors like my TR6 and don't plan to pull much
current, you can probably find an easy place to plug in without cutting
any existing wires.  You can also replace bullet coupler (LUCWB300) with
a quad coupler (LUCWB301).  Pictures are at
http://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6greenbook/38.php?s_wt=1152&s_ht=864

Once consideration is having the socket switched on with the ignition or
unswitched and always on.  It seems cars now have them switched so you
don't leave something to drain the battery.

Brian