[Shop-talk] bits for a Stanley push drill

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] bits for a Stanley push drill
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 14:23:59 -0700
Hey guys,

I know it is seems anachronistic/luditish, but I still use a Stanley push
drill (03-049) and broke my last 3/32" bit. It appears that it now is an
"antique" and googling for replacement bits has not productive other than on
eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/11-YANKEE-PUSH-DRILL-BITS-/360260745962?cmd=ViewItem&pt=L
H_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e136baea

Do any of you know where I could buy bits for it? I love it for pilot holes,
working on ladders, hanging stuff, etc. I could go the eBay route, but was
hoping to find something local.

I was up on the roof today mounting a sending unit for a weather station for
my sprinkler controls and broke my last bit.

best,

doug
'72 BSA B50SS
'74 Triumph TR6