Re: [Shop-talk] Brake bleeding failure

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake bleeding failure
From: "Mullen, Tim (IS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:43:18 -0500
Phil wrote:

> 2 or 3 PSI will do the job.  Seriously.  I use very low pressure.

Yep.  I usually use around 10 PSI with my EZ-Bleed - just enough
pressure to push the fluid into the master and get things flowing.

I also use either a direct connect "adapter" to my air compressor hose
that I made (using a tire valve with 1/8 inch pipe thread on the other
end), or more simply, my portable air tank - I fill it to 10 PSI with
the compressor, then clip the tire valve connector of the EZ-Bleed to
the air tank.

One thing to always make sure that you do, is to connect the cap and
pressurize the system WITHOUT any brake fluid in the bleeder.  That way,
if you have a leak, you just hear air hissing (instead of fluid
spraying) and can fix things.  Then, after you get a good seal, you can
open up the tank of the bleeder and add brake fluid.

And in response to the DIY bicycle tube bleeder - I've know people that
have done that for many years.  It works well.  It's amazing what a bit
of inginui9ty can accomplish.  But I like the simple "clean" (and
inexpensive) EZ-Bleeder for one man brake bleeding.

Tim Mullen

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums