Re: [Shop-talk] Toilets

To: Ron Olds <rolds@plausa.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toilets
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:17:47 -0500
On 12/18/2009 6:28 AM, Ron Olds wrote:
> I would like to ask the group for advise on toilets.  I am always amazed
> at the amount of knowledge out there when it comes to about anything.
>

> I am looking at replacing some old toilets in the house with the new
> ones which use less water.  I k now some of the new ones are not very
> effective when it gets down to what they need to do while others work
> very well.  Does anyone have any recommendations of which ones work well
> or which ones to stay away from.  I don't want to buy a piece of crap I
> just want to get rid...
>

> Thanks for the help and happy holidays to everyone.

Bought a Jacuzzi from one of the big box stores: cheap, decent look, low
water use (1.1 gal), great flush.  Replaced a contractor grade 1.6 gal
that clogged often.  The new toilet is taller than most and qualifies as
a handicap but not as tall as most handicap toilets I've seen.  I like
the added height: more comfortable sitting and easier to hit standing.
The women in the house don't care for the extra height.

Down side is very little water in the bowl for holding solids.  Flushes
flawless but may need extra rinsing after a heavy session.  This is
probably true for most 1.1 gal toilets.

Most toilets nowadays have a flush rating and class 5 is the best.
Would not buy anything else.