Re: [Shop-talk] Toilets

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toilets
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:25:10 -0500
On Dec 18, 2009, at 6:28 AM, Ron Olds wrote:

> I am looking at replacing some old toilets in the house with the new
> ones which use less water.  I k now some of the new ones are not very
> effective when it gets down to what they need to do while others work
> very well.  Does anyone have any recommendations of which ones work
> well
> or which ones to stay away from.  I don't want to buy a piece of
> crap I
> just want to get rid...

I have installed Kohler Wellworths in 4 houses and they have never
given me a problem. Relatively cheap too and available at Home Depot.
I like the extended bowl as the standard ones are bit short but the
mechanics are the same. I put a Kohler Memoirs toilet in another house
and it worked 98% as well, but it fit the decor much better.

A friend installed Toto in her house and it worked ok, but used more
water for suction than it did for bowl rinsing and I didn't think it
did a good job at the latter. The seat closing damper was nifty
though, no more SLAM at 3am! Wouldn't be surprised if these were now
retrofittable.

jim