Re: [Shop-talk] Maximum speed with a limited use spare

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Maximum speed with a limited use spare
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 08:45:58 -0500
Thanks Guys.  I sent a note last night but think I forgot to copy all and it
just went to whomever had sent the last message.  Unfortunately, the original
tire failed at 70 mph and I couldn't pull off the highway immediately, so it
is completely trashed and repair is out of the question.  I'm trying to see
what is available around here today, but not many of the places seem open on
Sunday and 225 45R 17 doesn't seem like something that is regularly stocked.
The good news is that I checked the owner's manual this morning and while it
says to replace the tire as soon as possible, it refers to the spare as a
"space-saver tire" rather than a limited use one and doesnt' make any
reference to a mileage limit.  I may have no choice but to give it a try.
I'll report back tomorrow.

Jim