Re: [Shop-talk] Maximum speed with a limited use spare

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Maximum speed with a limited use spare
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:51:20 -0700
> Does anyone know what a reasonable safe speed
> would be with this tire?

I'll echo what others have said; if the puncture is repairable then just
have a plug put in and drive it.

As with other tires, the actual maximum speed probably depends on how much
load it has on it, and how hot the air/road are.  I have driven 100 miles at
70-75 mph on a "temporary use" compact spare, but it was a light car, a
fairly cool day (for SoCA) and my suspension was probably stiff enough to
unload the shorter tire an appreciable amount.

Randall