Re: [Shop-talk] adhesives.........

To: "Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>, "Shop
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] adhesives.........
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:56:00 -0400
Those little push nuts go on and stay on tremendously well...once.
As much fun as I have prying them off shafts, I've hardly ever seen them
fall off on their own.  When they did they were invariably mangled on
installation, split, or mangled on removal and reused.

Generic thread locker or keyway locker would fit the bill well if you really
want something on those push nuts.

You might also want to look at Locktite Blackmax.  It's been some years
since I used the stuff, and I'm not 100% certain the current formulation is
what I used to use.  But the stuff would stick everything together, and was
flexible.  We used to do things like glue broken belts together with the
stuff.