Re: [Shop-talk] garage expansion gets green light

To: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] garage expansion gets green light
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:18:30 GMT
On my 40x30 metal shop I don't have a second floor and just left it open.  I
was going to add dummy dormers to match the look of the house but the
constructor said "no way, no how."  Apparently he had a bad experience with
adding dormers and didn't want to mess with them again. Plus he said you have
to be careful with the dimensions and scaling to get them to look right.  Even
if I could have talked him into it he said it would have been cost
prohibitive.  Part of that may have been due to the fact that it was metal
vice stick built.
I did go with the roof following door tracks and am very glad I did.
I had always dreamed of a gleaming epoxy floor, but seeing some of the
problems we are experiencing with the hangar floor at work, I opted for acid
stain with simple sealer.
For the bathroom I went with the traditional toilet & urinal.  WIth a wife and
two daughters, it is my last bastion of manliness!  I was surprised at the
cost of urinals, but bided my time and found one on eBay from a demolition for
cheap.
Enjoy the construction project!
Matt
Columbus GA