Re: [Shop-talk] Crescent stainless "gear wrenches"

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Crescent stainless "gear wrenches"
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:29:24 -0600
I've Googled all over the place.  Sears doesn't show these.  Neither does
Cooper Tools (who owns Crescent).  Apparently some sort of Shanghai Specials
that Crescent put their name on, but in this case (so far) they're worthy of
the name.

These are really stainless.  Not polished, not chromed, just a brushed
finish.  No reverse button - in fact, they apparently snap together and then
good luck in ever getting them apart for service.

Because they don't reverse, you flip them over to reverse direction.  And to
facilitate figuring out which way it goes, the box end is offset so one side
of the outer circle is tangent with the side of the shank of the wrench.

_____0     as opposed to    -------0

Oh well, looks like these are "unobtanium".

Any others that have relatively thin rims, to get onto nuts close to
vertical surfaces !