Re: [Shop-talk] Quick question on garage floors and garage lifts

To: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Quick question on garage floors and garage lifts
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:54:24 -0500
Jim,

6" x6" Welded Wire Mesh, I don't know what the w1.4 means, but it is the
size of the wire used in the mesh. I read this to mean that there is no
rebar in your slab.

You might want to check with an engineer or concrete contractor to be
sure that it will be enough.

Since slabs under lifts are usually thicker than what you have, you may
want to consider putting down steel plates where the lift legs hit the
slab to spread the load out. An engineer, or at least someone with
experience with this could tell you how big to make them. If you know
the manufacturer of the lift you could call them and ask how to handle
the thinner slab under their lift.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jim Stone:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501
5026 FM 2001 Lockhart, TX 78644-4443