Re: [Shop-talk] Moss removal from roof?

To: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Moss removal from roof?
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:45:03 -0700
   Just east of Seattle (Issaquah) +1 for Moss-out or similar products in
   a  2  pound  can.   I  use  it about twice a year depending on what is
   growing.   On my concrete driveway I use about 10:1 dulited bleach and
   a  power  washer.  That stuff just keeps  growing.   I would not use a
   pressure  washer  on  my  roof.   It  also  helps to blow off the pine
   needles and debris when the roof is dry.
   -g
   David C. wrote:

1+ on the zinc sulfate.  I lived in the Granite Falls area about 50
miles north of Seattle.  Low slope comp roof (modular home) under
douglas fir trees.  Moss grew overnight.  Zinc strips nailed on the peak
only killed the moss one tab down.  Zinc sulfate powder sprinkled on
straight from the can works great.  I just let nature take it's course
after that; the moss died and washed off.  Repeat every year or so.

Dave C