Re: [Shop-talk] Moss removal from roof?

To: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Moss removal from roof?
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:00:03 -0700
1+ on the zinc sulfate.  I lived in the Granite Falls area about 50
miles north of Seattle.  Low slope comp roof (modular home) under
douglas fir trees.  Moss grew overnight.  Zinc strips nailed on the peak
only killed the moss one tab down.  Zinc sulfate powder sprinkled on
straight from the can works great.  I just let nature take it's course
after that; the moss died and washed off.  Repeat every year or so.

Dave C