Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vents?

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vents?
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:04:05 -0700 (PDT)
On my list of things to do is clean the dryer pipe at a
friends house.  It exits from behind the dryer using a short flex
hose to a short hard pipe though the drywall. From that short
pipe it goes vertical to inside roof. Then slanted vertical to
the outside roof. Right now as part of the troubleshooting,
a small length of flex hose exits to a 5 gallon bucket of water.
The short length of pipe that I've been able to look at had lots
of built up lint, so I doubt that it would be any better than flex
pipe. It was smooth inside compared to the corrogated flex
hose, which IMO, had less build up than pipe. I don't know
how long it has been since it was cleaned, but before I put
the shop vac to it, The lint build up was about 1/2 inch thick
in the pipe and less in the flex hose. I'm waiting another month
or two before I tackle the hard pipe in the roof.

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com