Re: [Shop-talk] LOWE'S big sale

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LOWE'S big sale
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:54:25 -0600
>If the ad offers it, they are obliged to deliver it or a comparable product at
>comparable price, or a rain check.  I believe that's a Federal law.

Many years ago, maybe 25 or so, the weekly Sears ad in the paper listed some
automotive batteries on sale.  We needed a new one for the  Toyota,  so we
decided to get one.  The ad said sale prices good through Saturday, the Nth.

Well, it turns out that saturday was N-1.   The Nth,  as listed in the
ad, was
sunday.  So sunday afternoon we head down to make the purchase.  The
clerk informed us that Sears had misprinted the ad, so we were out of
luck - to bad for us.  He  wasn't very helpful.

Monday we went to the library and found the name of Sear's CEO and
the corporate address, mailed them a letter describing how we were treated
and enclosed the erroneous advertisement.

About a week  later  we get a phone call  from the manager of the local
Sears, asking us if we'd to come in and purchase such and such a battery
for the price recently advertised.  Cool!  I was surprised how quickly our
complaint was handled and how welll we were treated THAT time we
were at the store.

mjb.