[Shop-talk] Off Topic? Any video gurus out there?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Off Topic? Any video gurus out there?
From: "Mark Meany" <mmeany@ne.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:38:40 -0400
Can anyone suggest what is the optimal format for viewing .jpegs off a DVD
player which is being fed into a video projector? I'm trying to emulate what
I do with my 35mm slides & slide projector but doing so, now, with my
digital camera images. What I've been able to come up with is a 1080p
Upconvert DVD player with an HDMI output (an LG DN798) fed into an HDMI
capable Mitsubishi HC1500 projector. I don't have the smarts to know whether
this is overkill or not; I'm just relying on what I've about HDMI vs. the
analog component & S video interfaces. I'm also trying to avoid buying a
laptop as the feed source, if I can, to save $$. The set up I just mentioned
is < $1100.

Thanks in advance...

Mark Meany
Keene, NH