Re: [Shop-talk] Off Topic? Any video gurus out there?

To: mmeany@ne.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Off Topic? Any video gurus out there?
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 01:18:47 GMT
Kind of need to know what you mean by best.  Are you looking to maximize
quality of image, fit as many pix as possible on a DVD, or speed of play?
Sounds like it will largely depend on what your player will show for you.
Older players may not even have a still picture capability.  Many newer ones
can convert a wide range of formats.  A lot of flat screen TVs now simply have
USB ports into which you plug a jump drive for immediate slide shows...  Won't
be long before the projectors have that as well.
MB

-- "Mark Meany" <mmeany@ne.rr.com> wrote:
Can anyone suggest what is the optimal format for viewing .jpegs off a DVD
player which is being fed into a video projector? I'm trying to emulate what
I do with my 35mm slides & slide projector but doing so, now, with my
digital camera images. What I've been able to come up with is a 1080p
Upconvert DVD player with an HDMI output (an LG DN798) fed into an HDMI
capable Mitsubishi HC1500 projector. I don't have the smarts to know whether
this is overkill or not; I'm just relying on what I've about HDMI vs. the
analog component & S video interfaces. I'm also trying to avoid buying a
laptop as the feed source, if I can, to save $$. The set up I just mentioned
is < $1100.

Thanks in advance...

Mark Meany
Keene, NH