Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping

To: <wmc_st@xxiii.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping
From: "Gil Fuqua" <gil.fuqua@cci-ir.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:57:18 -0500
You can install a similar piping layout to the one suggested by TIP with
parts from the plumbing section of Home Depot or Lowes.  About the only
item you can't find is the flexible line that connects the compressor to
the hard pipe.

Consider feeding the air line from the compressor into a T fitting from
the side (see below).  The bottom of the fitting should have a drain so
that moisture that condenses on the pipe will not drain back into the
compressor.  Also add an automatic drain on the tank that periodically
cycles on in order to drain off moisture from the tank.  I collect the
majority of the moisture from these two drains on my system.  The one at
the end of the line seldom needs draining.

Piping Layout for drain at compressor

To air line

 []
 []