RE: Compact fluorescent light bulbs in a drop light

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Compact fluorescent light bulbs in a drop light
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:43:00 -0700
> Tell me which brand!

I just pulled the one from the bathroom : It appears to be "Surya" brand,
model SUS-23.  Made in China.  "Not for use in fully enclosed recessed
fixtures".

I may have overstated it's performance just a bit.  Staring right at the
bulb when I flip the switch, I can just barely see that it comes on in two
stages.  But the dim stage lasts only a fraction of a second; and I don't
even notice it if I'm not looking for it.

Randall