Re: Any using Nitrogen?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any using Nitrogen?
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:41:00 -0500
I think I've posted this here before. The people who can most afford to
put nitrogen in their tires will probably need it least. Most high-end
tires have a membrane included in the carcass sandwich that slows
molecular migration to a crawl. I've stored some high-end tires for a
year and they only dropped a pound or two.

The rule of thumb in the tire industry is one psi lost per month on
tires without the membrane and about a tenth of that for tires with the
membrane. At that rate, even if people don't have premium tires, it's a
non-issue because everyone is checking their tire pressures each month,
right? Right? :)

Jon