RE: Sink Draining options/ On Demand Hot Water Heaters

To: "'Matt'" <mbarre@juno.com>, <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: RE: Sink Draining options/ On Demand Hot Water Heaters
From: "Joseph Szwed" <jszwed@energykinetics.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:50:08 -0500
In regards to on demand hot water heaters, I have heard that
the biggest reason that causes these units to fail over time
is because they are open systems heating raw water as it
passes through them.  This eventually causes the heat
exchanger itself to fail.  So I have been told it is a good
idea to add a nice big Y-strainer in the supply line to the
unit.  I believe most come with a small strainer in the
supply but I was told to remove it and add a nice big one.

Just wanted to toss that idea out there to anyone who might
be planning on installing these units.

Joe Szwed

> I had a cold line to my old garage just for hand
washing...
> I just ran the drain through the wall where it fell on the

> slope away from the garage and it worked fine.  If sinking
> drum isn't a problem, it would provide a little more
> flexibility. For the on demand hot water, that is the
route I
> am presently taking on my new shop that will even have a
> shower for the kids in the pool.  You can get a "Titan"
that
> originates in Miami on EBay for much less than options
from
> the more established companies like Bosch.  The only
warning