RE: Sink Draining options/ On Demand Hot Water Heaters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Sink Draining options/ On Demand Hot Water Heaters
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:35:28 -0800 (PST)
I put a handwashing sink into my garage, and only ran cold water (and
drain). I thought I'd put in an on-demand unit, until I saw
what they cost and how much power they need.

Instead, I put in a small (2.5g) tank heater on a wall switch.
It's the same switch that controls the compressor. I can get
more-than-tepid water out in 30 seconds or so, if I forget
to turn it on, but I am pretty well trained to turn it on
when I'm going to get messy.

It's a much less expensive solution, all in all.