An off-topic question....

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: An off-topic question....
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:46:50 -0500
This is a computer question but I don't belong to a computer group but I
have found this group to have a wide range on knowledge.

Anyway, here is my question....

I listen to a certain distant radio station on the Internet. I have a
problem with the program cutting in and out and when it cuts out, the little
dialog box says "Buffering"....after a little time I get the signal back and
it will last for a while longer and then cut out again.

What is going on? What is buffering? I am sure there must be some setting
that I need to change to allow it to stream without interruptions.

Can anybody help?