RE: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 15:26:54 -0800
> I went down to the store and ordered the clutch while standing among all
> these farmer types buying parts for their tractors.

Massey Ferguson is still the best place to get the individual components
required to rebuild a TR2-4 water pump. Please no tractor engine jokes
though.  Triumph built it BEFORE Ferguson was involved.

I've had many of the same issues with parts stores too.  Now I just ask for
the engine parts from the car they know, like for engine parts for my 1980
Triumph TR8, I tell them it's an early 60's 215 ci V8 Buick and I get just
what I need.

Jack