Re: Pipe size conundrum and turning a fence into a log rack

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pipe size conundrum and turning a fence into a log rack
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:26:11 -0800
Hi Roland,

I had not even thought of that (driving the pipes into the ground), but the
rack is sitting on asphalt. I could drive it through the asphalt, but then I
probably would not want to move it if I needed to later.

I know that welding zinc gives off toxic fumes, but doing it outside and
"holding my breath" a bit might work. When you say fishmouth the ends, does
this mean to create a matching concave in the end of the pipe to match the
vertical pipe? Would you do this with the torch or a hammer or a grinder?

Thanks for the advice!

best,

doug