Re: Pulse chargers / parasitic voltage loss

To: "Roland Wilhelmy" <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Pulse chargers / parasitic voltage loss
From: "Trevor Boicey" <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:08:51 -0500 (EST)
>   A trickle charger isn't going to quickly charge up a battery that is
> discharged to about 1 volt per cell (or one or two shorted cells?) as
> you report your battery to have been.

  If it's a gel-cell (I thought I read that it was?) then it might be ok.

  I had a friend leave a door open on my wife's Miata when he was using it
and we were away. When I returned, the battery was at 2V, which was
something I didn't think was possible.

  But I charged it up (with a 2A charger, not a trickle charger) and it's
been fine since. Years later.