RE: Another fuel saving idea...

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Another fuel saving idea...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:04:46 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

> Just reading an Advance Auto Parts advertisement.  There is a heading
> "Advance Know-How, Creative ways to get ready in Advance and save
> gas!"  It says, "Buy gasoline during the coolest time of the day--
> early morning or late evening is best.  During these times gasoline
> is densest."  Anybody think that will "save" any more gas than a
> tornado thing?  :-)

It's an old myth, I first heard it when I was learning to drive in the early
70's and it was old even then.  Never could tell that it made any difference
whatsoever then, and I'm sure that modern pumps are temperature compensated.
Even if not, the difference would likely be too tiny to measure.

Randall