Re: house wiring problem

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: house wiring problem
From: John Niolon <JNiolon@uss.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:13:39 -0500
I had an older model (15 years) GE fridge that would do the same thing...
we finally summarized (brainstorming with a refrigeration guy) that the
wiring in the compressor had developed a intermittent short to the
case.....  it still ran for years and we moved it to a non-gfi circuit...
we would occasionally measure voltage to ground and never found a problem..
it sat on a rubber mat in the garage.  it finally died several years later
and was replaced... but I think it was a common problem with older units...
most gfi's have an extremely low problem  threshold ... which most times is
a good thing..

john

If you can't be kind... at least have the decency to be vague !!