RE: Code Scanners

To: Dick Atkinson <dick@grinalot.freeuk.com>
Subject: RE: Code Scanners
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:54:26 +0100
At 20:31 18/07/05 +0100, you wrote:

>As I explained to Kai, it's a Renault. All I know is that it's
>computer controlled and most adjustments are made using an external
>computer.

Dick,

Accutest offer a PC based scan tool, Workshop Lite. There are some details at

http://www.accutest.co.uk/

It looks to be primarily a diagnostic tool, I can't see any facility for
adjusting settings through the instrument. Still at #350.00 it's
approaching affordable. Other alternatives are scanners as supplied by
Sykes Pickavant or Autodiagnos but you are talking a whole different price
range, and capabilities...

Good luck with the Scenic, I still have fond memories of a 16TS. Computer
diagnosis was along way in the future then.

Nick Brearley